How can I set DocKIT to change ‘&’ to ‘and’ when migrating files?
Applies to: DocKIT for SharePoint 8.x, 7.x
You have to use Folder & File Renaming Rules feature available in DocKIT to rename invalid characters in SharePoint. Please perform the following steps:
- Open DocKIT Template Manager Dialog by clicking Mapping Template… option in Templates menu.
- Click New in the templates tool bar, then New Template dialog will appear.
- Enter unique template name for the template. Select Renaming Rules under the list of available template groups and click save button.
- The new template will be added under Renaming Rules in templates.
- Select the newly created template and specify,
& in Find textbox
And in Replace textbox
- Click Add button.
- Finally, save and close DocKIT Template Manager dialog
Once you have created the re-naming rule template as stated above, you can use this newly created re-naming template under File Renaming Rule in Mapping Templates in the import task wizard.
You can refer [DocKIT Template Manager -> DocKIT Templates-> Folder & File Renaming Rules] section in the online help documentation for more information.